“With microservices every outage is like a murder mystery” is a common banter. But it doesn’t have to be! This talk gives an overview on how to monitor Spring Boot applications, since they are increasingly popular for building (micro-) services.
We dive into:
- System metrics: Keep track of network traffic and system load.
- Application logs: Collect and parse your logs.
- Application metrics: Get the information from Boot’s metric and health endpoints and store it.
- Request tracing: Use Sleuth to trace requests through a distributed system.
- Uptime monitoring: Use Heartbeat to ping services and actively monitor their availability.
All the data will be aggregated and visualized in Kibana, giving you an all around view of your system.